15 February 2008

I'm feeling fat for myself

...I guess that means I should get the gym... I'm feeling so pathetic today. I just need to stay off the scale and keep eating and exercising and stop expecting super impressive results quickly. I used to really be able to take off weight quickly but I think those days are gone - or maybe I'm just being really ridiculous and impatient. Yesterday I pumped through the mall, up and down the escalators, etc. It was actually kind of fun since I haven't been shopping much since the new year started, although I was unable to find anything good. I was looking for a new sports bra, but I'm a DDD and it is not easy to find sports bras unless you're looking online. I personally hate buying bras online because I inevitably end up feeling like it doesn't fit the way it should.

Yesterday, I did find some Natori sports bras but they were all too loose at the top. I felt like I'd be jumping around and feel like my breasts were going to go flying off at any moment. Hence, I did not buy it. Really good prices though, if you're interested. Something like 40 bucks at Nordstrom. I would have actually gotten it anyway as a normal bra since it was really comfortable, but I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything I didn't "need" yesterday.

Instead, I left the mall and got some wheatgrass and beets to juice. Well, I can't figure out how to juice the wheatgrass! It seems like it just shoots right out of the juicer whole. I don't know what we're doing wrong.

In other unrelated news, I'm looking for a good thermogenic product for an extra spurt of energy before I workout. I used to take a product called Phen Free by EAS that I really liked. I don't believe that they acutally cause you to lose weight per se but the caffeine burst would be helpful for me on occassion. Does anyone know of a good thermogenic product? I know there are so many new ones on the market since I used one about 4 years ago.

Ok, I'm really going to the gym now. Wish me workout success!

1 comments:

Fat Grl Slim said...

Okay, my two cents. In my personal weight loss journey, I found that letting go of seeing that 'perfect' number on the scale was huge. I learned that I had to find other ways to chart my progress -- like how my clothes fit, how many miles I could run, how strong I have become were all so much more important that the scale. Don't give up on your journey -- and don't let yourself off the hook. Just find other ways of measuring your success. It has taken me heaps of time to lose the weight I've lost -- but I know that slow is the way to go. It lasts longer that way...

Just my thoughts.

My Meez

Meez 3D avatar avatars games